maandag 6 juni 2011

Interactive Oral Activity 1 – Rationale

Michelle and I did our first IOA together. We’ve worked together before and expected there to be no problems with that, which did indeed turn out to be the case. The subject was to be Media & Culture, and we exploited that by doing a double interview about celebrity privacy – one with a celebrity, one with a paparazzo-photographer. We switched roles in-between the two interviews, so as to show more variety in attitude and such.

Overall I didn’t think it went all that badly. I read most of it though, or at least kept my eyes on the paper. It did make me sound somewhat coherent; a feat I quite probably would not have been able to pull off had I tried to do it correctly. Michelle, on the other hand, did really well. She looked at the class and looked the part, trying to accurately depict the interviewer or interviewee. She may not have been perfectly fluent but she, like me, feels a certain trepidation when supposed to speak in front of the class.

All in all, the preparation went perfectly. We cooperate really well and know each other’s strengths and faults and are mostly able to make a good product. The execution could be improved, particularly on my side. A good thing might be to use flashcards instead of a full text next time. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten